· Mission Statement
· “To provide a common identity to the Indian community and facilitate cultural, social and educational services and opportunities for cultural integration from young to old of the community; as well as to foster those activities that enhance mutual understanding and appreciation between the Indo-American community and mainstream American community."
· India Association of Western Washington (IAWW) - a Non-Profit Organization. Tax ID #91-126-8802
India Association of Western Washington (IAWW) operates in the Greater Seattle area with the following objectives:
·To form a cultural, social and educational organization for the advancement, appreciation, performance, reservation, study and/or teaching of the performing arts (music, drama, dance, film-arts), and languages.
- To provide a common identity to the Indian community through promotion of unity, friendship and good will based on mutual understanding and cooperation
- To provide community services within the limits of the Association resources.
- To promote and provide social, educational and cultural programs which will enable children of Indian heritage to understand Indian traditions.
- To establish a community center for social, educational and cultural activities.
- To establish and serve as a non-profit, charitable institution under the General Non-profit Corporation Act.
- To encourage and foster those activities that improve mutual understanding and appreciation between the Indo-American community and the mainstream American community.
IAWW Executive Board - 2017