IAWW Youth Program – CAMP BHARAT 2018
August 7-11, 2018
Fort Worden, Port Townsend
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CAMP BHARAT 2018 REGISTRATION
The registration for Camp will be on May 20th from 8:00am-11:59pm.
Children ages 9 to 17 are eligible to attend camp. The child should be completing age 9 on or before August 30, 2018. The oldest kids could be juniors in high school(11th grade)
The Fees for Camp Bharat are $415 for first child $400 (1st sibling) and $375 second/third sibling(please note cousins do not count as siblings). Youth Program does provide scholarships for families in need, for consideration, please send a confidential request to Youth Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees and Camp Bharat forms must be dropped off on June 3rd from 12-4pm at Marymoor Park (Velodrome Picnic Area) in Redmond. Youth Board members will be hosting a community Field Day event there and campers will get a chance to meet and connect with Camp Counselors while participating in fun activities.
DROP-OFF/CHECK-IN (August 7th) AND PICK-UP/CHECK-OUT (August 11th) INFORMATION:
DROP-OFF: Tuesday, August 7th at NEWPORT HIGH SCHOOL, 4333 Factoria Blvd. SE, Bellevue, WA 98006 upper parking lot at 11.00 a.m. The BUSES WILL LEAVE BY 12.00 P.M. THERE WILL BE NO DROP-OFF ALLOWED AT FORT WORDEN.
CHECK-IN: You are required to check-in your child at the check-in table and receive his/her luggage tag, drop off any medications at the medication table. Following that, each parent has to walk to the luggage bus and stand in line to load his/her child’s luggage. While we have committed volunteers and our youth helping and guiding this process, we will require that you be personally responsible for loading your child’s luggage onto the bus in the allotted section.
LUNCH: Please pack a snack, lunch (nut free) and a drink as it is a 3 hour drive. While we will take a quick break at a rest area, in the interest of saving time, we urge you to send a sack lunch with your child as we are trying to discourage buying lunch at the rest area (saves us significant time). This will be a short stop.
VISITING HOURS: 4pm to 6pm Wednesday thru Friday. Please notify ahead of time your intentions to visit (email@example.com). At the camp, please check in with the Camp Directors, Annu Luthra or Suhas Uliyar before visiting your children. This ensures our ability to verify visitors reaching the campers.
MEDICAL INFO: Please drop-off medicines for your children at our check-in table with the volunteer collecting medications. Medications need to be in their original container, clearly labeled and placed in a Ziploc bag with the child’s name, reason to use them along with instructions. Please do the same for any non- prescription medicine your child needs as well. Medicines used only as needed like INHALERS /NEBULIZERS, EPI PEN should be sent as well if they have known allergies to FOOD / BEE STINGS. Please make sure that the nebulizers and inhalers are in perfect working condition. We will not have time for filling prescriptions for your children at camp.
List of items for Camp: Things to bring to camp, preferably in a medium size baggage (no large suitcases), clearly labeled: (FYI: it is cold in the morning and at night, do pack warm clothes and it usually gets very warm in the afternoon). Weather conditions are unpredictable!
- WARM JACKET or HEAVY SWEATSHIRT; Thin Rain Coat as well
- *One Indian outfits – REQUIRED
- One set of white clothes for dance night
- One set of old clothes for HOLI workshop
- Athletic clothing for sports
- Underclothes& socks (several extra pairs)
- Flip flops/sandals/summer shoes and Two pairs walking/comfortable athletic shoes (we will be playing sport)
- A swimsuit for use in showers only (we are not going swimming)
- Casual Clothes for 5 days 4 nights (extra pairs just in case)
- Personal Toiletries (deodorant, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hair brush, etc.)
- Camera (optional at your own risk)
- Sunscreen and Insect repellent
- CAP/HAT (optional)
- Campfire stories (optional)
* We will be using Indian outfit on the night for Garba Dance.
**Fort Worden will provide pillows and fresh sheets and blankets. Please do not send a pillow or sleeping bag with your child.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING ALARM CLOCKS, CAMCORDERS OR ANY OTHER VALUABLE ITEMS. OR ANY SNACKS WITH NUTS IN THEM. THERE ARE KIDS AT THE CAMP THAT ARE ALLERGIC TO NUTS. PLEASE HAVE CAMPERS NAME ON HER/HIS BAGGAGE
CHECK-OUT: August 11th (Saturday)
- Bus transportation is not available after the camp. You have the responsibility of picking up your child. In case someone else is picking up your child, you will need to provide the name and cell number of the person in advance (by 9.00 p.m. August 9th) to the Camp Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) for check out.
- Please note that one parent must be in driving distance of the camp. If you both leave town, the Camp Director has to have a notarized power of attorney for a family or friend to make decisions for the parents in case of an emergency.
- Check-out for child(ren) is on Saturday, August 11th from 11:30-12:00pm. Lunch will be provided. There will be a check-out desk to help you with the process. Please ensure you check-out your kids. The volunteers are unable to leave the desk until all campers are checked out and we do have camp finale right after checkout is done. Please do stay for that.
- Special Request: There are 220 children attending this camp. The 32 members of our Youth Board, their 3 advisors and our team of volunteers will work tirelessly to plan for the camp and would spend almost 20 hours a day during the camp, to ensure your child enjoys and thrives at camp. The campers will prepare a showcase for the parent community. Please do attend the FINALE to support all the campers from 1-3pm.
If you have any further questions regarding Camp Bharat or the Youth Program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Fort Worden State Park 200 Battery Way, Port Townsend, WA (360) 344-4400