JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
ORGANIZATION: INDIA ASSOCIATION OF WESTERN WASHINGTON
The India Association of Western Washington (IAWW) offers multiple programs and
services for the Asian Indian community at several pop-up community centers in King and neighboring counties. We are looking to fill an administrative coordinator role where the individual will work closely with the Executive Director and the leadership team. administrative and day-to-day operations for IAWW.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Priorities are to classify, organize, and manage the records in hard copy and electronic form, support the executive director and leadership team, be involved and contribute to special events and outreach activities which may include some evenings and weekend events.
The candidate is expected to –
• Perform administrative functions including confidential data compilation & the organization, records management, and report generation. Prepares
correspondence and other communications for review and approval.
• Screens incoming calls and coordinate with responsible IAWW staff while
managing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Update the website weekly with schedules and content.
• Arrange event registration, rentals booking, staff registration for workshops and training.
• Schedule appointments, conference calls, organize and poll various participants for meeting times. Assist in preparing for meetings including sending communication are reminders.
• Work with ED and accounting to reconcile expenses, facilitate reimbursement
requests, invoicing and prepare monthly financial reports.
• Work with the senior services management team to conduct outreach in various cultural, community and city events – using some evening and weekend times.
• Work with the executive director in scheduling and conducting intake for legal clinic clients (evenings).
• Monitor compliance with state licensing and labor requirements for the organization, rents, and licenses including charitable nonprofit status, business license, PCI compliance, SAMs account and files them in.
• Coordinate the bidding of contracts for the phone, internet, copier, postal and other contracts. Coordinate with designated IT to resource to ensure the confidentiality of all systems and information.
• Updates and implements all necessary policies and procedures for review by Executive Director, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
• Work closely with the Executive Director in coordinating HR-related activities, including benefits.
• Manage updated introduction and welcome packages for the organization.
The successful candidate will bring a positive disposition and eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to managing correspondence, telephone calls, and greeting attendees and walk-in visitors. The coordinator will bring familiarity with basic office technology and confidence in her/his ability to learn what they do not already know. Keen attention to detail, strong work ethic, and an awareness of how nonprofits
operate is essential.
Compensation and Benefits –
This is a contract position for 30 hours/week with the potential for it turning into a full-time staff position after three months. This role will include opportunities for professional development and growth.
To Apply Send a resume and cover letter/email outlining your skills and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled.
IAWW is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type. We afford equal employment opportunities to
employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
IAWW seeks a diverse pool of applicants, all are encouraged to apply.
TITLE: Senior Services Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: India Association of Western Washington (IAWW)
HOURS: Full Time
ORGANIZATION: IAWW is a non-profit organization that supports the Asian Indian community immigrants and their families by creating opportunities for them to connect, access resources, opportunities while honoring their heritage. We provide youth, family, and senior services including early childhood education, women’s career advisory, ESL, civic engagement, case management, and health care navigation programs. We serve Asian Indian immigrants at multiple locations and community-based sites throughout King County, Washington
JOB SUMMARY: The candidate must demonstrate a passion and commitment to working for the care and betterment of the aging population, knowing that the challenges faced by this demographic are unique and call for a deep sense of responsibility, empathy, willingness to learn about the concerns/uncertainties/struggles experienced by the clients and work with the clients to help them achieve increasing levels of control and independence in their daily living.?
- Highest priority is to help the leadership team continue to develop and implement meaningful programs and services for the aging Indian American population as per IAWW’s mission, the Senior Services Program objectives, and maximize client satisfaction.
- Work with the Executive Director, Senior Program Director and team to plan, customize, and implement the weekly senior services programs and special events at multiple locations.
- Develop and execute outreach programs to expand awareness of the wide range of senior services offered by IAWW and also seek input about services that are sought by seniors and not currently available.
- Monitor the senior services programs at each center for efficient operation, staffing to provide the program services, quality nutrition, increase attendance, communications to increase awareness and benefits from active participation in the programs.
- Be involved in and manage the necessary documentation including procedures, intake forms, feedback forms, attendance sheets, and others that facilitate data collection for program analysis including evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs in meeting the pre-determined objectives.
- Develop a Resource Directory that includes a listing of state and/or local service providers that residents can contact for assistance. Examples include services to families, children, individuals who are elderly, persons with disabilities, and emergency assistance.
- Assist in planning with processes including Intake, education (services available and application procedures) and referral to service providers in the general community.
- Serve as a liaison to community agencies, network with community providers, and seek out new services available to the residents.
- Assist the seniors to establish informal support networks with other residents, family, and friends.
- Work with the leadership team to design and implement memory care programs and activities that meet the individual needs and interests of attendees, in accordance with company standards.
- Work with the leadership team to plan a weekly/monthly and quarterly calendar for IAWW senior support programs in all its pop up centers that promote participation in a structured environment, including one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Routinely provide program directions, materials and resources to associates to ensure their success when facilitating programs.
- Plan, coordinate and be available for outreach/marketing events, workshops and sessions which may be evenings and/or weekends.
Required Skills And Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation or two to three years of programming experience for older adults;
- Proficiency in Hindi, English, and one other Indian language
- Be able to multi-task, apply technology to streamline and drive efficiency in the execution of the near term and longer-term goals
- Leadership skills, ability to work independently and manage the assigned responsibilities with positive outcomes to meet and exceed the program goals.
- Experience with organizing programs and services most relevant for the aging population including fitness, nutrition, social acceptance, mental health, access to resources for self-sufficiency striving for independence
- Computer and software proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office.
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to relate to the aging population, be motivated by an innate desire to serve this demographic, and a passion for achieving client satisfaction.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required — bending, stooping, turning, stretching, reaching above the shoulders and occasional lifting are involved.
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with seniors, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
The successful candidate will bring a positive disposition and eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to work with program attendees, families and resource providers. Flexibility in work time, as well as a dynamic workplace requiring a presence in different service hubs located in different cities, is key. Keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and an awareness of how nonprofits operate are essential.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position and will include opportunities for professional development and growth.
Send a resume and cover letter/email outlining your skills and interest to email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled. All applications received by October 20, 2019 are guaranteed consideration.
IAWW is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
IAWW seeks a diverse pool of applicants, all are encouraged to apply.